Sunday, June 1, 2008

AAARRGGGHH!

Man, there are some things that are just not worth getting mad about. But the frustration and 'why me' factor just build up and make you mad anyway. One of those things, car troubles.

My car is old, I know that. I've owned it for almost 10 years and I bought it used, it's been a fairly decent car for me so complaining isn't entirely justified, but the timing, the timing, the timing.

Yesterday I drove one town over to meet up with some friends and an out-of-town visitor. We had all gotten to take a trip together to work for Habitat in New Orleans this spring. It was wonderful to see everyone and catch up and just spend time together. While we were enjoying our beer and tasty food a huge thunderstorm rolled through. A deluge. After whiling away some extra time the storm passed and we all finally had to head out.

I drove along the back country roads, no car problem. I needed to make a quick stop to pick up a baby gift for a friend. When I turned off the car I thought it made a funny noise, but I can't say that I know much about cars. I shopped, I came out and the car went, 'click'.

CRAP! Crap, crap, crappity, crap!

I took a few deep breaths. I pleaded out loud with the car to just please start.

*Click*

Craaaaaaaap!

Several more desperate attempts and more pleading with the inanimate car brought the same results. I finally caved and called AAA. The dude arrived and we thought just a jump would make it go, but no. No, no, no, no, no. Blargh.

So now I wait. It could be anything. My wish would be for it to be the starter because I replaced that 6 weeks ago and it is under warranty. It's annoying that this happened Saturday evening because no one will look at the car until Monday, so I have days to just sit around and not even know what I'm worrying about.

I try not to worry about stuff that isn't reality yet, but you know, it's hard. You know that stuff just lingers on your mind the whole time.

So, fingers crossed. Frank and I will talk on Monday and he will reveal the horror, because you know, it's always a horror when it's a car repair....

No comments: